Your audience also wants to hear from you on a regular basis with information and analysis that's substantive, and that's where a blog comes in. By writing blogs that educate, inform, discuss options and benefits, and cover industry news, you’ll soon become the trusted go-to authority for all things related to chiropractic, health, and wellness.
A blog can go viral any time – resulting in hundreds (or even thousands!) of people on your site and exposed to your service. Of course, you can’t predict when a blog will hit it big, but we will see a steady rise in reach and sales as our blog gains momentum.
Google’s love affair with blogs.
Search engines like Google are always looking for fresh, organic, and helpful content that holds certain keywords. That’s exactly what your potential new patients are searching, too, and where you’ll soon appear high in the rankings.
Do search engine rankings really make that much of a difference for chiropractors? In fact, if your practice listing appears in the top three search results for your local area on Google, you’ll receive 47-times more clicks, contacts, and potential appointments than those practices that appear on page two of that search query.
Studies show that if you blog consistently, your website and social media pages will receive 55% more visitors and 88% more potential new patient leads than DCs in your area who don’t blog. Likewise, 78% of business owners that blog regularly have acquired at least one client/patient from that blog, and 90% of U.S. consumers say that health and wellness blogs are useful.
Here are some statistics about blogging and social media marketing that may turn your head:
• 94% of consumers have searched online for information about products or services before making a purchase.
• 81% of U.S. online consumers trust information and advice from blogs.
• 61% of U.S. online consumers have purchased something due to a recommendation from a blog.
• 92% of consumers trust peer recommendations (the goal of blogging and social media engagement) while only 53% trust content that you create and post on your web pages.
• Companies that post upwards of 20 times or more per month see five times as much traffic, as opposed to those who blog less than five times a month or less.
• Small businesses that embrace blogging see 126% more growth in terms of leads than those that don't blog.
• After reading custom content and learning more about a company, 60% of customers feel more positive.
What a blogging campaign will accomplish for your chiropractic practice:
The first, second, and third goal of any blogging campaign is to bring in new patients! So, how will blogging do that?
1. Gain brand awareness (who we are, how we’re different, what we stand for, the user experience, etc.)
2. Grow familiarity, comfort, and TRUST – the most valuable commodity.
3. Bring humanity and personality to your practice – show people you care.
4. Tell your unique story (why you became a chiropractor, why you are passionate about it, what you and your practice do differently, etc.), and also the stories (before and after) of your patients.
5. Build a sense of community.
6. Elicit new testimonials and positive reviews on Google, Facebook, and Yelp.
7. Answer questions and address any obstacles to using your service.
Laser-focused on your target market,
We can reach your ideal demographic with laser focus through our blog by writing about the lifestyle issues, topics, interests, and values they hold dear. Additionally, we can reach our specified audience geographically, by city (because that’s where your patients will come from), or even by neighborhood, via keywords and topics.
What should you cover in your blogs?
- Write about the topics that your target market cares about.
- Provide value and satisfy needs, which included pain management for chiropractors.
- You should also cover news from your field, patient testimonials, common questions, interesting facts, and other general content revolving around chiropractic, health, and wellness, as well as sharing specials, promotions, and events.
- Photos, videos, infographics, surveys, questions, and polls can all be included in your blogs to engage your audience and elicit feedback.
Help those who are helping you!
Do you have an insurance company or even MD that consistently refers you new patients? Use your blog as a venue to reward the great people who are helping you (or those you just believe in). Why not write a blog that serves as a quick profile on them, their story, and services, too? Or, interview someone notable and respected in the field, instantly attaching your name to their brand. They’ll appreciate the gesture - and probably reciprocate with more patient referrals!
A great chiropractic blog opens up a plethora of opportunities to promote your services and your practice. For instance, you can easily gain local media attention and start being quoted in the local paper, radio show, or on TV.
As a now well-documented authoritative voice on the subject, you will also inevitably be asked to speak for companies, organizations, and events.
There’s even another great idea I highly recommend: collect all of your blogs after a while and use them as the content for your first book, which can be self-published and sold, if you wish.
A final note on blogging for chiros.
Your practice may be active on social media, so you think you have all of the online marketing boxes checked, but that’s just a fraction of what you should be doing. For instance, too often, chiropractors (or their staff) only post links to content on someone else's website, page, or blog. But that doesn’t lead people back to YOUR blog or website, nor does it boost your ranking in the search engines or establish your credibility.
Instead, it's critical that you write and produce your own blog. Of course, you’re busy enough as it is, so there are great marketing companies that can do it for you for a surprisingly-affordable price.