Today, we’ll explain why this system is the most effective and efficient to expand your business no matter what it is you’re selling or what business you’re in – including chiropractic!
But first, let’s look at what internet marketing looks like for most professionals:
Too many brands, marketers, and entrepreneurs set up various social media accounts, post a good deal of content, and hope.
They hope that they’ll attract a large audience; they hope that this audience will need what they’re offering; and they hope that they call, email, or message them when they are ready to act and make a purchase.
That’s a pretty inefficient system (I call it the “shotgun method of marketing” and one that’s based on a lot of luck and circumstances out of your control.
But there’s a far more efficient way to engage your audience, get more qualified leads, and get new patients (or customers). By using the internet marketing system of a funnel, you'll be casting a wide net into those same waters.
Whether your product is chiropractic care or widgets, a funnel works like this:
• Attract a large audience to your social media, search engines, or blogs/articles, etc.
• Engage friends and followers with great content
• Offer something of value for free
• That gets them to click over to a focused landing page/splash page (we’ve covered these before here) with a single call to action.
• That free item (usually a guide, eBook, or report but it can also be a free consultation, etc.) will have your contact information and the offer to contact you for more value/help/free offers.
• Email them marketing materials (that are helpful to them) like reports, a newsletter, health tips, etc. periodically but consistently
That will establish the relationship and your value enough for them to email or call you the moment they need chiropractic care or even have questions.
To start, you’re basically exchanging their email address for that free item of value.
That’s so important because consumer research shows that someone is 20 times more likely to buy or use your service if they’ve been exposed to what you’re selling and tried or seen a sample. You’re building familiarity, trust, credibility, and displaying that you have the solution to their problem or need.
Once they are “in your funnel,” there are three ways they may become your patient:
1) When they first see your social media/blog/article or landing page
2) When they get your free giveaway/sample/offer
3) At any point as you email them regularly
But even if they don’t, it takes just as much effort to send a weekly or monthly email to 5,000 people as it does 5 – there is no wasted effort or inefficiency with a funnel.
In fact, this funnel marketing system can all be automated where you’re really not doing any work or managing it at all once it’s set up.
Of course, there are considerations for chiropractors, like the fact that you want a regional audience and database so people can actually drive to come see you.
But you’ll be working with the law of large numbers once your funnel starts working. Think about how much easier it is to get more patients if you start with a huge database or people who know you, are familiar with your services, educated how you can help them, and have your contact into on hand with regular reminders?
This system is much more focused and refined than the “shotgun method” of scattering social media content around and just hoping someone calls you.