Not even the intrepid young Papworth or his colleagues could have guessed how far text messaging, or SMS (Short Message Service) would explode in the next twenty-five years. As we covered in part one of this blog about the SMS revolution, text messaging isn’t just for hellos, well wishes and Merry Christmases, but an important tool for any business to effectively market their services – including chiropractors.
In fact, “A simple text message has proven to be one of the most powerful tools in marketing,” says Jeff Sipes, founder of www.MeetRex.com, a SMS marketing firm that uses texts to encourage customers to leave positive online reviews. “It’s the new frontier for small to mid-sized local businesses that want to attract and engage clients and grow their revenues.”
Why is text messaging so effective for businesses that want to cultivate and enhance unique customer relationships?
There are a number of reasons:
- SMS marketing creates an immediate impact.
- SMS messages are opened and read almost immediately and at rates that blow away any other form of marketing.
- SMS marketing messages are easy to target to specific demographics or segments of your database.
- SMS messages can be easily customized to execute one desired Call to Action.
- Sending text messages to clients (patients) costs pennies on the dollar compared to other forms of advertising.
- You can include links to web pages or even images in your SMS marketing.
- Text marketing offers an extremely high ROI compared to other marketing vehicles.
- SMS marketing can also be used for a variety of important functions for chiropractors, like reducing the number of missed appointments, expedite billing, send reminders and notifications, and overall save time for you and your staff (and that means money)!
So what are some ways chiropractors can use text for marketing?
- Getting positive online reviews
- Eliciting testimonials
- Patient feedback and surveys
- Getting more Facebook and social media followers
- Appointment reminders
- Invites to events and special notifications
- Asking for referrals
- Chiropractic and health education, tips, and motivation
- Giveaways, raffles, and trivia
- Linking to your blogs
- Sharing coupons, partner specials and limited time offers
- Saying “thank you” to your patients in your won special way!
If you’re interested in how text marketing can help you grow your practice, gain new patients and boost revenues, or contact www.MeetRex.com at (877) 577-4009.