What if we told you there was a way to do that consistently – and the best part it is free, or at least very low cost?
Today, we’ll introduce to guest blogging to help chiropractors market, and we promise it will achieve all of those things and more. We’ll cover everything you need to know to get started with an efficient and effective guest blogging campaign that will bring you a lot of new patients. In future blogs, we’ll give you more in-depth tips and best practices to help you fine tune your guest blogging marketing campaign.
What is guest blogging?
Guest blogging is simply offering content to someone else for them to post on their own blog or website – usually a blog but it can also be an article, Q&A, infographic, video, interview, report, guide or chapter from your book.
Why guest blogging?
You’ll want to enlist a lot of different vehicles for marketing, like having a great website, using Facebook and other social media, growing your email list and sending out email newsletters, posting educational videos to YouTube, and of course participating in plenty of live seminars, workshops, health fairs, and events. You’ll even want to write and post your own blog that you share with your audience and on social media (or hire someone to do it).
So how is guest blogging different? When you post a piece of content to your own blog and share it, you are reaching out to your existing audience. Most of them already know who you are, what you do, and have seen other blogs or bits of content about chiropractic and health you’ve posted before. You may grow your audience and convert some of them to new patients, but these numbers will be incremental. Think of this as a drip-drip-drip for your marketing.
However, when you guest blog, you’re exposing your content (and your name and contact info!) to a brand new audience, most of which probably don’t know about you or aren’t patients yet.
Here are some of the benefits of guest blogging:
- -Improve Search Engine Optimization (SEO) by setting up quality “back links” that connect the other blog to your website or social media accounts.
- Gain a huge and consistent new number of followers, people on your email list, and social media followers
- Establish yourself as a credible, trusted expert in your field (chiropractic)
- Have a great free way to promote your content, special announcements, events, offers, etc.
- Build relationships that lead to ongoing opportunities to promote and attract more patients
Whom should you guest blog for?
Focus on targeting a specific list of blogs based on their audience (which you want to convert to your audience!).
So for chiropractors, you wouldn’t necessarily want to start Googling a list of blogs about chiropractic and then contact them to offer your guest blog. (That would probably only yield you a list of other chiropractors!)
But what about blogs and websites about health? Natural health? Fitness? Diet? Chronic pain? Insurance companies and attorneys that deal with auto accidents, worker’s comp, back injuries, etc.? The list can go on and on once you get to researching suitable blogs that are a good fit.
Also, remember that you don’t want to spend your time contacting EVERY blog and website that deal with these topics, because you only want patients in your city, town or region. So focus on searching for bloggers and websites that operate in your area, or at least have a significant following in your area.
How can you get started with guest blogging?
Here are the basic steps to get you started:
- Formulate a plan: Pencil out what your target demographic will be and what kind of audience and patients you want to attract.
- By digging into Google and other social media searches, put together a list of blogs, websites and others that you want to guest blog for.
- Have a member of your staff (or you can hire someone inexpensively) look up the contact email and info for each of these blogs, making a list in Excel or something similar.
- Write up a great pitch that introduces who you are, what you do, that you want to offer a guest blog, what information you can write to help their audience, and links to examples of some of your past blogs or posts for them to look through.
- If you have a large number of potential blogs on your email list, you’ll probably want to clip and paste the body of this pitch into each email you send, but after customizing the subject line, their name, blog name, and any other particulars about their audience, etc.
- Send these out (or have your assistant or a marketing service do it for you) and just wait for them to contact you.
- Once they email you back and accept your invitation, send them over a great blog, article, tip, Q&A, chapter or any other content about chiropractic and what you do.
- When they post your blog on their site, promote that link on all of your social media accounts and also answer questions/comments etc. in order to engage their followers – and grow your audience.
In part two of this series we’ll get into the nitty gritty of how to guest blog to attract new patients and grow your practice!