Here are 15 reasons why all chiropractors should consider using Instagram:
1. Instagram has been the fastest growing social media platform over the last few years since it’s inception in 2013. There are now about 75 million daily users and more than 300 monthly users.
2. Instagram wasn’t just successful from the get-go; it exploded, completely changing the Internet and social media as we use it. In fact, the Instagram app became the #1 app in the whole world within just 24 hours of its release!
3. It was so wildly popular- and apparent it would change the world – that Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, purchased Instagram for $1 billion (Billion with a ‘B!’) after only 18 months in business!
4. Only a few years later, more than 20% of all Internet users around the globe now have their own Instagram account!
5. 35% of Instagram users check the app multiple times every day, and they average 257 minutes each month using the app.
6. More than 60% of all big brands and companies have a presence on Instagram.
7. Instagram is completely free. There are even great ancillary apps and services that help you maximize your Instagram experience that are free, as well.
8. Instragram focuses primarily on visual content – photos and short videos (under 15 seconds). In fact, about 90% of all information transmitted to he human brain is visual, and the brain processes it 6,000x faster than text. Therefore, Instagram is an extremely effective tool for communicating messages about chiropractic care, health, diet, fitness, and your practice.
9. Even though Instagram is all about photos, memes, infographics, quote images, and short videos, you can still write and post text to accompany it – allowing you to explain things, narrate your content, introduce yourself and your practice and post web links.
10. Although Instagram has a lower number of users than Facebook or a few other social media platforms, it has one of the highest Interaction Rates in the business. In fact, Instagram boasts a 1.53% Interaction Rate, which is significantly higher than interaction rate on Twitter, Google+ and Facebook.
11. Your audience (and prospective patients!) are searching online before for information before they commit to even seeing a medical doctor, chiropractor, or getting help. In fact, a study by the Pew Research Center revealed that 80 percent of people utilize the Internet when they're searching for symptoms and treatment options – even with things like back pain. Through Instagram, you can be the one they turn to for information – and then help.
12. If done correctly, using Instagram doesn’t mean you will double your time spent on social media, nor neglect other social media platforms. That’s because Instagram has a feature where you can easily share the content you post on Instagram on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and FourSquare, (and they will probably add more in the future.) So you really only have to post just once.
13. Instagram allows you to follow other users and build up your following, but it’s not as exclusive or all-or-nothing as Facebook friends or Twitter following. That’s because Instagram uses hashtags (#) to catalog all the photos and information people post, exposing it to a potentially huge audience. For instance, if you posted a helpful tip with the hashtag #BackPain, it’s reach could really be unlimited for anyone searching for or viewing that hashtag, whether they are following you or not.
14. It’s an invaluable place to share photos and videos that share pain management and injury information, exercise tips, nutritional tips, motivational quotes, posture tips, subluxation education, healthy recipes, and any updates from the world of health or even popular culture.
- 15. You can also easily and effectively personalize Instagram (there is a 150-word bio you can submit including a direct link to your website), giving prospective patients a glimpse into who you are and what you do by sharing photos of your practice, exam rooms, staff, CAs, company events and workshops, and videos of you answering common chiropractic or health questions and even patient testimonials!