Education is everything!
Pregnancy is a positive experience for most women, but it can also put a lot of stress on the body, often manifesting in pain and other health issues. However, chiropractic care has been proven a safe and effective way for women to keep healthy during pregnancy, reducing pain, symptoms, and even making the birth process easier.
Here are 12 proven benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy:
1. Chiropractic care for women while pregnant is perfectly safe when performed by a licensed Doctor of Chiropractic. There are no known contradictions or conflicts between pregnancy and chiropractic care.
2. Regular chiropractic care helps women maintain good health during their pregnancy, but also has been shown to reduce some of the uncomfortable common symptoms they experience like joint and neck pain and nausea, etc.
3. The extra weight gained during pregnancy often causes issues for women that lead to pain and posture issues. But chiropractic treatment can restore correct posture, preventing symptoms of pain and other problems caused by weight gain.
4. When women are pregnant, they often develop issues with their pelvic balance, restricting the amount of room that the baby has to develop, or intrauterine constraint. But chiropractic care can adjust the pelvis to prevent or treat this issue, giving the baby more space and minimizing the risk of having a breech birth or needing a Caesarean delivery.
5. 80% of pregnant women don’t receive any treatment for their muscle pain that’s caused by pregnancy.
6. Getting enough sleep can help labor and delivery, and chiropractic care can help you sleep better. In fact, pregnant women who sleep less than 6 hours a night average 29 hours in labor; but pregnant women who sleep 7 hours or more per night average only 18 hours in labor, or 25% less labor time
7. With chiropractic, pregnant women can also see less weight gain, fewer medical interventions, less fetal distress, and faster recovery after birth, with proper restoration of biomechanics and improved posture for breastfeeding.
8. It’s important to move babies from breech to cephalic positions to avoid breech birth, and the chiropractic Webster Technique has an 82% success rate doing just that.
9. Chiropractic adjustments help prevent and treat spinal misalignments during pregnancy.
10. In one study, 16 out of 17 pregnant women saw relief from pain and discomfort after chiropractic treatment.
11. Chiropractic care while pregnant can help women avoid low back pain, sciatica pain, medication use, and sleep problems.
12. In fact, chiropractic care has been proven to reduce the need for pain medication by 50%.