From its headquarters in the capital of Sacramento, The California Chiropractic Association (CCA) is an umbrella organization that supports the many Doctors of Chiropractic in the state.
2. The CCA is the largest Chiropractic state association in the world!
3. The Mission of the CCA is to promote and protect the chiropractic profession with:
Their Vision is “Chiropractors are key providers of health awareness and well-being.”
4. The CCA’s headquarters is located in Sacramento, California at 1451 River Park Drive, Suite 230. When you’re in the capital city of Sacramento for the 2017 Reconnect summer session, go visit the CCA!
But if you want to contact them before stopping by, you can call them at 916-648-2727 or email email@example.com.
5. Chiropractors will love what the CCA offers on social media.
You can like their page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CalChiro.org
Their Twitter handle is @CaChiroAsn
On YouTube, the CCA offers an amazing array of videos for chiropractors, their CAs and staff, and even clients.
6. Tasked with managing a huge state – both geographically and in the number of chiropractors, the California Chiropractic Association divides the states into seven distinct regions to serve the specific needs and issues of chiropractors in those areas.
These regions are:
- Region 1: San Diego County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County
- Region 2: Orange County, Long Beach, San Gabriel Valley, Los Angeles Southeastern
- Region 3: Los Angeles Metro, Santa Monica, San Fernando Valley, Verdugo Hills, Ventura County, Los Angeles Southwest
- Region 4: Monterey Bay, Central Valley, Kern County, San Joaquin, Santa Barbara, High Desert
- Region 5: Sacramento Valley, Contra Costa
- Region 6: San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Alameda
- Region 7: North Bay, San Francisco, North State, Redwood, Butte
8. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, California has the highest number of DCs in the country. In fact, the CCA reports that there are more than 14,000 licensed chiropractors in California! The state with the second-highest number of DCs is Texas, followed by Florida, New York, and Illinois.
9. The CCA publishes a fantastic journal six times a year that’s an indispensable resource for any chiropractor. It is available in print, but I prefer the online version that includes colorful graphics, easy-to-zoom features, and pop-up video messages. You can see it for free here: http://www.ccajournal.com/journal-may2017/html5/
10. The CCA benefits from strong and visionary leadership, including their current President, Dr. Leslie Hewitt. Based out of the San Francisco Bay Area, Dr. Hewitt is a passionate advocate chiropractic, as well as women’s health issues. That led her to found The WOW Talks, a Women of Wellness network designed to educate women to make INFORMED decisions.
Here is a personal video message from Dr. Hewitt to all chiropractors in California: https://youtu.be/d9_Zaxm5-aM
The 2016-2017 CCA Board of Directors also includes:
- Dawn Benton, Executive Director
- Dr. Brian Stenzler, Immediate Past President
- Dr. Jay Shery, Secretary
- Dr. Afshin Kaivan-Mehr, Treasurer
- Dr. John Bueler, Director At Large
- Dr. David Paris, Director At Large
12. Dr. Charles Ward and Innate Legacy enjoy a close and productive relationship with the CCA, together empowering DCs to help patients and perform with the highest standards. In fact, look who was featured in the CCA’s most recent bi-monthly newsletter!
If you’d like more information about Dr. Ward’s RECONNECT summer session in Sacramento June 9-10, feel free to contact us!