For all chiropractors, it’s critical that we instill credibility, organization and high standards for the field of chiropractic, as well as continually education patients, audience, and the public about the amazing care and treatment you provide. For that reason, we’ve put together 10 basic facts about the American Chiropractic Association (ACA) for you to share:
1. The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) is the biggest professional association for Doctors of Chiropractic in the U.S., with origins tracing all the way back to 1922.
2. The ACA exists to promote the highest standards of ethics for chiropractors and the best possible care for patients.
3. The ACA works hard to serve their Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) members as well as the public. In fact, the ACA advocates for education, an accurate and positive public image, advances professional and educational opportunities, coordinates leadership and supports research about chiropractic.
4. The organization represents DCs in Washington, too, actively lobbying for pro-chiropractic legislation and policies.
5. The mission of the ACA is to preserve, protect, improve and promote the chiropractic profession and the services of Doctors of Chiropractic for the benefit of patients they serve.
6. The American Chiropractic Association has a stated purpose to provide leadership in health care and a positive vision for the chiropractic profession and its natural approach to health and wellness.
7. It’s vision includes: 1) High Standards, 2) Freedom of Choice, and 3) Optimal Health.
8. The ACA’s leadership includes President David Herd, DC (2016 – 2018), VP Karen Konarski-Hart, DC (2016 – 2018) and past President Anthony Hamm, DC.
9. The ACA has some lofty goals, as by 2023 they endeavor to help shape public policy resulting in a more effective U.S. health care system, improve health care access and freedom of choice of health care providers for the American people, increase the value of health care for patients, and offer a means to healthier and more productive lives for the American people.
10. The American Chiropractic Association is a voluntary organization based in Arlington, Vigrinia with a significant number of the U.S.’s 90,000-or so chiropractors as members. For more great information about the field, treatment and professional standards of chiropractic, visit the ACA’s patient website at https://www.acatoday.org/Patients.